Petrified Wood Stand Up 22 lbs.
This intriguing fossil displays extraordinary colors and is a piece worthy of any collector of fine fossils or eclectic décor. The flat bottom edge makes this piece easy to display on a shelf or niche in your home or office.
Origin: Holbrook, AZ
Size:14.5”L x 10”H x 2.5” W
weight: 22 Lbs.
1. Arizona Petrified Wood is primarily composed of quartz based semiprecious stones known more generally as onyx, jasper and chalcedony.
2. Petrified “Rainbow” Wood is Arizona’s State Fossil
3. These very old tree fossils hail from the Triassic Era (225-180 mya)
4. The scientific name is named after Arizona - Araucarioxylon Arizonicum
5. Touchstone features many examples with natural bark preserved around the entire outer edge.
6. Each retail specimen has been cut and polished by an expert artisan with expensive diamond encrusted lapidary tooling.
7. Our specimens were collected from a few private ranches in the general area of Holbrook, Arizona.
8. Specimens with the most vibrant colored PW specimens found underground, not exposed to elements and erosion. The colors themselves are caused by trace amounts of minerals, often metal ions. For example, red is most often caused by iron ions and greens come from copper or chromium.