Petrified Wood Round - Multi Color
Petrified Wood round 25" from Arizona. This is an exceptional round displaying many colors. It is professionally polished with expensive lapidary tools. Nothing was spared when producing this piece. Petrified wood is a 200 million year old fossil and the species from Arizona is renown for its wonderful rainbow colors. Natural free edge see detailed picture.
This is a versatile piece that you may use as a table top on a base of your personal decor style*, or as a wall piece centered over a fireplace.. (Pictured are examples of a few ways to use the petrified wood round ). *Base in this picture is used as a suggestion only.
Also pictured is a petrified wood plank coffee table: For more... https://www.touchstonegalleries.com/store/p351/petrified-wood-slab-for-sale.html#/
The colors that make up petrified wood are usually silicate minerals that replace the wood in these fossils. Quartz is a common example.
Other types of minerals may also be present in petrified wood. You might find petrified wood with calcite or pyrite. The huge range of hues found in petrified wood are usually the result of the presence of trace elements:
- Black usually indicates the presence of carbon.
- Green or blue shades usually come from cobalt, copper or chromium.
- Blackish and yellow colors may be the result of manganese oxides.
- Pink or orange result from manganese.
- Red, brown, and yellow shades are contributed by iron oxides.
- Size: 25 inch x 1.5" thick
Location: Santa Fe Gallery